Monday, November 20, 2006

A Year of Blogging

It's been nearly a year of blogging for us up here in Dawson. I know my posts have gotten less interesting and less exciting but we'll keep plugging away at it for now. We'll try to put more excitement in to our lives so we can share it, I promise.

I want to say thank you to our regular readership. We have regular visitors from both Edmonton and Calgary, Florida, Indiana, Vancouver, and more. I reset my stat counter late summer and since then we've had 300 hits. I'm feeling pretty happy with that given that this site was originally meant for our families and friends to keep track of us (and to try to entice them to visit) but has since made us a couple of new friends. I just switched to the newer blogger version and it allows me to limit the people who can see this blog and I seriously considered that but then I decided it would be selfish. There are others who dream of coming north. They need to know that others have done it and are happy. I think of B, from the Ukraine, who was a regular visitor to our blog last winter during the Yukon Quest, which she so loves (I'll try to post more pics this year).
We're having an exceptional experience up here so I think, for now, we'll continue to share it with the world.

Thanks all for being interested in what we're doing up here. I can tell you, we're having a great time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Congrats on a year of blogging.

I'm glad you decided not to limit who can see your blog, I enjoy it.

11:49 AM PST  
Blogger Phollower said...

You can limit the people who can see your blog as long as I'm not one of the ones left out. Where would I get my fix of Yukon mountain veiws? Congrats!

6:35 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home