Sunday, October 29, 2006

Happy Halloween!!


Tonight was grown-up Halloween in Dawson. Went to the local bar-had a great time. Dawson rocks. So do singapore slings:)

Don't we look hot! Scott thought he looked "fruity" and wouldn't take his pants off all night (he had tights for the costume underneath). Personally, I had too many skirts on! I was so hot all night, except when we were outside (-20 or so) and then I was freezing! I suppose we'll let him pick the costumes next year. I'm glad we came home when we did because the aurora was spectacular: 3 colours and moving and unbelievable speeds all over the sky. Amazing.

Change of subject: so, my doctor gave me a new drug for my back called neurontin. It's actually an anti-seizure medication but apparently also affects people with various nerve damage or something like that. Anyways...it's the best thing ever. Doesn't get me stoned, totally takes the pain away in my back, and gives me a clarity I am unaccustomed to. In fact, yesterday I took my very first university exam and got 88.3%, with the drug. Nice, huh?

Another change of subject: many of you will be happy to know that we ordered Carcassonne along with 2 expansion packs (and of course enough MTG booster packs for a draft). So next Saturday night is officially games night at our place if any of you can make it out (lol!) you're welcome to come(still laughing). Bring chains.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phollower said...

I'll try to make it but don't wait up...

We tried a couple new games too. We played an excellent game called "Shadows Over Camelot". It's a cooperative game where everyone plays together against the game, unless there's a traitor who only wins if the players lose. You don't know who the traitor is (or even if there is one) until very late in the game though. Too late in our case. Our friend Knotts was the traitor and by the time it was announce we had dug ourselves a pretty big hole. We lost. It's neat how it has a feel of the game being against you. Almost like it knows what to do... Worth a look, but then again most Days of Wonder games are.

We also got to try Caylus which was pretty much the game of the year. Very complex game with a lot going on in it. The rules aren't that hard but there are a lot of buildings that you need to learn the importance of and how they affect the game. I'm reserving judgement on this one. I spent mmost of the game trying to figure out what the heck was going on and by the time I started to get a feel for it, it was over. I lost. There's a lot to think about and I want to play again to get a better impression of it.

2:16 PM PST  
Blogger Scott said...

Heya Phollower. Thanks for all the tips. We're going to wait a month now after spending nearly 200 bucks on games this month but all your advice will be heeded. Let me know what you think about Caylus after you've figured it out. Got any experience with Carcassonne: The City. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Hope you guys had a fun Halloween. There's nothing about it on your blog. I hope you at least dressed up. And I hope your SU is feeling better, too.

10:17 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home