Saturday, November 18, 2006

TV


Not the best pic I've posted-sorry about the glare. But I had to take it from inside since it was like -35C out. Too cold for the camera I'm pretty sure. So we babysat last night for some teachers whose kids I've watched a couple times. The kids are angels and go to bed perfectly after the daughter sings me a Christmas song she's been practicing in her perfectly angelical voice and I read them an entire book (I was only supposed to read a chapter or two). After they were in bed we watched tv. Our plan was to play games but we never got there. Just watched tv.

Tv. What a horrible waste of time...yet, when it's on you can't drag yourself away. I've recently come to the conclusion, after taking a little psychology, and having spent long periods of my adulthood with no cable television (by choice), that we are being totally brainwashed. Not only by the constant reinforcement that we must be rich and beautiful to be happy but by keeping us so absorbed in our search for the right product to make our lives easier or the perfect life of -insert famous soap actress here-, that we fail to stand up for all things right. I just deleted like 4 or 5 long rambling, preaching paragraphs from here. Instead I'll get reinstate my point: just cancel your cable subscription or at least ask yourself if what you are watching is enriching your life and those of others, will ya? I think if most people did that here in North America we would live in a much more reality based world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phollower said...

That's a great picture. Was it taken at noon? I figure that's about as much daylight as you'll see this time of year :)

6:12 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home