Monday, October 02, 2006


Well we're back and it's currently -5! It did snow, though we didn't really see it happen. We actually passed a bit of snow on the ground just outside of Whitehorse on the way home just after noon but I figured there would be more considering Dawson is further north. But alas, there was no more until we hit the Tintina Trench where there was snow all over the mountains behind Dawson.

We had a good time, though Scott was in conferences for most of the weekend. We did, however, find time to eat sushi...twice!

I'm subbing this afternoon and again all day tomorrow-then tutoring-then training for election day (I'm helping out at the voting booths), so I won't be around much then next couple of days.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phollower said...

How do you ever get anything done? Maybe it's just the lack of mountains in Indiana but everytime you post a picture I try to crawl into my monitor so I can be out there. Here's a quick impression of the terrain in Indiana:

---------------------------------

That's pretty close.

9:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Scott said...

Phollower: Auugh! I can relate. I lived in Alberta for two years-Red Deer and Edmonton. It's about the same though if you drive about 5 or 6 hours you hit the Rockies which are spectacular. Of course, that's why we moved here. I'd never, ever live anywhere that didn't have mountains ever again. I actually feel a little (claustrophic?) on the prairies with their vast, wide spaces. The mountains make you feel all cozy and warm and safe (totally false sense of security but I'll live with my denial, thank you).

And hey...we told you what we do for a living-You'll have to share soon. I have to wonder how come you always seem to be on a computer, anyways.

ps. We bought Cranium yesterday. I know it's not the kind of game you guys play but it's really fun and you get to make an idiot out of yourself in front of your friends.

9:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Phollower said...

Well, I work at a computer store which would explain the large amount of time I spend at the computer. I'm far from a computer genius though. I handle the shipping/receiving and do the purchasing but the technical stuff is often beyond me. At home I generally only use the computer to play on-line boardgames. Ironic, huh?
The Spousal Unit LOVES cranium but it's not my cup of tea. I'll play it if others want to but generally not. As far as games that a lot of people can play at once go it's ok. Until we discovered "Curse of the Wolfen" that is.
I didn't know Edmonton was prarie type area. I thought it was mountains like Calgary. Shows what I know.
Keep posting the pictures. They're beautiful.

1:38 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home