Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ha Ha. What did I say about snow?

Click on my Dawson Weather Link on the sidebar to see the forecast for tonight. Of course, we're in Whitehorse and the weather here is much warmer. Our drive back tomorrow could be interesting though.

On the way down on Thursday night we saw three foxes within about 50 metres of each other at sunset. We also saw a huge buck (deer) as well as a group of elk, the one the lights caught had a giant rack! Oh and a moose with calf also. Very exciting.

On another note, I'm stuck in a motel room while Scott's off being a responsible citizen representing his school at a YTA conference all day. Lot's of homework to do anyway.

Funny story about yesterday: We arrived in Whitehorse around midnight on Thursday and were woken up Friday morning by massive construction outside before 7am. So after Scott left for his meeting I asked the front counter if we could change rooms, if it wasn't too inconvenient, of course (I'm so damned polite). "No problem" they said. I explained that I had an appointment shortly and I'd be out of the room by 11:15. Again, "No problem." So ten minutes later I'm leaving my room when a cleaning lady way the hell down the hall (I couldn't even tell you what she looked like) yells at me, "When are you going to be out of your room". I explain that I'm moving rooms and that the front desk said I could move rooms just after 11, after my appointment. She gets super snotty and says that she needs to clean the room. It's the only pet room left. I thought for a minute (I'd be late for my appt if I move all my stuff right then) and tell her that all of our stuff is in one spot if she wants to clean around it. She totally gets mad at me and yells, "Fine then, I'll do it tomorrow" I mean, she's yelling at me; giving me shit. So I go out to the van and put the dog in and decide I better say something to the boss, because this lady was sooo rude. The boss is with another customer so I explain what happened to the other lady at the counter and she's really nice. Tells me, "That's bullshit. You didn't deserve that." Anyways, I tell them we'll just stay in the damned sucky room but that we're never coming back here. So, when I return from my hair appointment (Joseph always makes me feel gorgeous) the manager stops me and says that the cleaning lady was out of line and that just before she'd yelled at me, they'd told her I would be moving rooms. She also said the cleaning lady gave her a totally different story and that she was really, "Bitchy today". The other lady later, after I had switched rooms to a much nicer one, said that the cleaning lady was getting fired as this wasn't the first time she was so rude to a customer. Moral of the story: if you are in the hospitality business, be nice to the people who are responsible for your paycheque. We always tip the cleaning ladies, too. That bitch sure as hell won't be getting a tip.

The day was supposed to get better, we'd seen a sign saying that Tanya Tagiq was playing...at the motel we are at! I'm so excited. I love her. Huge fan. (Inuit throat singer, if you didn't already know). So, after Scott gets back, we go for a drive up Fish lake road to walk the dog, planning on meeting people at the bar just after 9:30pm. We get there ten minutes late and the sign says...."Sold Out". Damn! I sure would have like to have seen her live.


We're going for sushi tonight! So today will be a better day. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phollower said...

Sounds like it's been an interesting trip. Drive carefully on the way back to Dawson. I don't want my only contact in the Yukon to be stuck in a ditch somewhere.

7:01 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home