Thursday, September 21, 2006


Just a reminder that WINTER IS COMING!
I know the rest of you are wondering what the hell I'm talking about : though technically fall is just beginning it's clearly on it's way out here. The leaves are nearly all off. Overnight the temp is dropping to the minus's. LET IT SNOW. LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!
Anyways, things are good here. Busy, but winding down in many ways. All of the tourists are gone except the few die hards you can't help but respect. Most of the restaurants are closed or are closing on Sunday. We're off on our quarterly trip to Whitehorse not this weekend but the next: I can't wait for SUSHI! And a haircut! The tourists will be gone there too, which will be nice. Scott has all his clubs going: skills (they are building a solar bike for the solar challenge), and drama, and he's sharing Breakfast program duties with me this year since I'll be out of commission for a chunk of the winter due to my upcoming surgery. He's also going to be the YTA rep for the high school part of the school which should prove interesting. It's turning out to be an awesome year. Anyways, sorry for the short rambling post-try not to curse me for wishing winter on-I have to go prep for my next job of the day: I'm out at the musher's place again.
I hope everyone is doing well. We hope to hear from you all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Phollower said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much ready for summer to be over. I really miss snow. And I mean REAL snow. Like we used to get in Buffalo. Indiana just doesn't get it.

9:06 PM PDT  
Blogger Party Girl said...

okay, I'm not ready for winter. Mainly because fall isn't even technically here but you wouldn't know it by the weather that we've been seeing.

However, that is a very lovely snapshot, so thanks.

11:23 AM PDT  
Blogger Phollower said...

Does Whitehorse have a Sushi Chef/ Salon or do the sushi and the haircut happen at different stores? I only ask because getting a trim while eating yellowtail nigiri with wasabi would totally rule. "I'll be back in a couple hours Honey. I'm just going to run to Chan's Sushimetology..."

12:56 PM PDT  
Blogger Scott said...

Party Girl: Don't worry, it's a fairly safe bet that we'll have snow months before you do. You can admire it from afar until then.

Phollower: I'll have you know that Whitehorse is a major metropolis. Not like our other nearest neighbour, Inuvik, which has one big store with the groceries on one side, the mini-pizza hut/KFC in the middle, and everything else on the other side (not even a fraction of the size of your average Walmart). In fact, Whitehorse holds nearly all of the Yukons population of 30,000, having about 22,000 people. That means McDonalds, Walmart, Cdn Superstore, and...as of this last summer: SUSHI! And I assure you that the sushi restaraunt is nearly 1 block away from the salon. Though I wouldn't complain if I could get my hair cut while eating yellowtail sashimi (hold the wasabi). Of course, notice that I can get none of these things in Dawson. Even Inuvik has more variety.

10:24 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home